About Journal Notes
Journal Notes is designed to help consumers better interpret the health and medical information they get from various news sources—television, radio, print, and the Internet.
Each month our medical writers and physicians review, evaluate, and comment on new research and findings from a variety of medical journals, and provide scientific background and context for the topic at hand. Journal Notes commentaries address questions such as:
- Is this new research?
- How and where was the study done?
- Who funded the study?
- Do these findings agree with or conflict with previous findings?
- Are the findings preliminary or conclusive?
- Do these results apply to you?
- Should you make any behavior or health changes based on this information?